Saturday 2 April 2016

Different Skincare Routines

Hey everyone, welcome to my blog. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Today's post is going to be quite long, as I am sharing five different skincare routines, one for each skin type. I have selected products that I think will work well with the different skin types to create quick and easy daily skincare routines.
                    Oily
The first skin type I have chosen to talk about is oily. Oily skin can look quite shiny and feel greasy. If you have oily skin you may have larger pores, which makeup often sinks into.
These are the products I have selected for this skincare routine. To start, I have chosen the St Ives normal and combination face wipes, as these are the best face wipes I have found. For a cleanser, the Biore charcoal cleanser is the best for oily skin, because it helps unclog pores and remove excess oils. Toner is an important step if you have oily skin, and the I think the best toner for this is the Garnier purifying toner. This toner helps to reduce shine, helping your skin look more matte, and less greasy. It is also important to moisurise if you have oily skin, as failure to do so means that the skin creates more oils to try and keep the skin moisturised, however it is important to go for an oil free moisturiser such as this one from Clean and Clear. Finally, the last step is to help get reduce spots. Oily skin can be acne prone, so it is important to work on minimising any spots that appear, and the best thing for this is the Skin System tea tree serum, as it works overnight to minimise spots.
Sensitive
Sensitive skin may not react well with certain products or brands, as they may cause the face to become red and irritated, and some may cause a rash to appear.

With sensitive skin, it is important to find products specifically for sensitive skin, or products without any alcohol or fragrance. Firstly, I have chosen the St Ives dry and sensitive face wipes for a quick cleanse. A good skincare product for sensitive skin is the Garnier micellar water for sensitive skin, as this gently cleanses and purifies without being harsh on the skin. An ideal brand for sensitive skin is Simple, as their products contain no fragrance or alcohol, and they are very soft on the skin, so the last three products in this routine are all from Simple. These products are the Simple refreshing face wash, soothing toner, and light moisturiser. These products all help cleanse and moisturise the skin, without irritating it.
Dry
Dry skin lacks moisture, and if you have dry skin you may have patches of dry, flaky skin, which makeup tends to cling to. The most important step in caring for dry skin is ensuring it is kept clean and is moisturised regularly.

These are the products I have selected for this skincare routine. To start, I have chosen the St Ives dry and sensitive face wipes again. I have then chosen the Beauty Formulas vitamin e face scrub, as exfoliating will help to remove dry patches, and the vitamin e helps to keep the skin hydrated. I think that a thicker toner would help hydrate dry skin, so for this skincare routine I have chosen to use the L'Orรฉal toner. This toner is thicker in texture than the other ones that I have chosen, however it is my favourite by far, as it really helps to hydrate the skin but also remove impurities. Finally, I have selected a thick moisturiser to complete the skincare routine. It is better to use a thick moisturiser, as they are often more hydrating and will keep the skin softer for longer, and it is important to moisturise at least twice a day.
Normal
There are no major issues with normal skin, except for a few irregular spots. However, it is still important to care for normal skin, to help keep it as clear as possible.

These are the products I have chosen for this skincare routine. Firstly, I have chosen the Nivea facial cleansing wipes, which claim to be for all skin types, however they would work the best with normal skin. I have then chose the Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub for a cleanser, as this is really refreshing. Toning isn't as important for normal skin, however I would still recommend it, and I would suggest using the Olay 2 in 1 cleanser and toner, as it also helps to cleanse the skin and remove any impurities. Finally, to moisturise I would recommend using the Nivea soft moisturiser, as this helps to keep skin nourished and hydrated all day.
                   Combination
The last skin type is combination. Combination skin is a mixture of different skin types, normally oily and dry. Overall, the skin would be balanced out because of the contradicting skin types.

To start, I have again selected the St Ives normal and combination face wipes. After this, I have chosen the Superdrug Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser. This gently exfoliates and brightens the skin, and it has cocoa butter as well, which helps to hydrate the skin. It is important to tone with combination skin, especially in any patches that appear oily. The toner I have selected is from Garnier, and it is the soothing vitamin enriched toner. The vitamins will help to keep the skin clear and hydrated throughout the day. To complete this skincare routine, I have chosen the Cuticura skin balance moisturiser, because this has mattifying properties, which is good for any oily patches, but it also has cucumber in, which is refreshing and hydrating for the dry patches.

So that's it for today's post, I hope you enjoyed it and found it quite helpful.
Much love, Cara xxx



20 comments:

  1. Such a detailed post I love it. I definitely need the one for dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading skincare posts as it's always good to find new products for my skin type! I'm very sensitive, but sometimes get dry skin too which isn't fun

    Vicky x
    www.vickyviews.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I hope that any products you do try work for you x

      Delete
  4. This is such a great blog post. A lot of people struggle with their skin types and such so I think this is going to help a lot of people, thank you for sharing ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’—✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.alishavalerie.com | www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lots of people forget that everyone has a different skin type and publish their skincare routines which is only helpful for people who have the same skin type as them. I’m glad you enjoyed it x

      Delete
  5. Interesting post!

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post it's so cool that you found products for all the skin types. I'll be checking out the dry section. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. There’s some really useful information here and I love that you’ve covered all different types of skin! I have relatively oily skin, and I’ve wanted to try the Biore cleanser for as long as I can remember - I’m even more tempted now.. ๐Ÿ˜

    Andi | www.andthenzen.co.uk ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try it - it’s such good quality for the price x

      Delete
  8. Great post! The Biorรฉ charcoal cleanser is my favourite! Xx

    Andrea | Trxpical Andrea

    ReplyDelete